Professional qualifications and experience:
Professional qualifications and experience can be found in each practitioners bio.
Below are the actions that constitute unprofessional conduct according to the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation
- Engaging in activities in violation of V.S.A § 2065 (voyeurism);
- Engaging in a sexual act with a client
- Conviction of a crime committed while engaged in the practice of massage or the practice of bodywork;
- Performing massage or bodywork that the massage therapist, bodyworker, or touch professional knows or has reason to know has not been authorized by a client or the client’s legal representative; and
- Engaging in conduct of a character likely to deceive, defraud or harm the public
Filing a complaint with the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation (OPR):
Complaints can be filed using the Vermont OPR online platform https://sos.vermont.gov/opr/complaints-conduct-discipline/
Below are methods of making a consumer inquiry with the Office of Professional Regulation
Find a Professional https://sos.vermont.gov/opr/find-a-professional/
Find a Professional allows for verification of education, training and examination history. With this search you can find licensing and disciplinary information about any current or former licensee. If you are looking for a complete exportable list of all licensees in a profession, follow the link below and use the Profession Roster Download option.
Vermont Consumer Assistance Program https://ago.vermont.gov/cap/
For over three decades, the Vermont Attorney General and UVM have worked together to help Vermont consumers and businesses.